57 Lorna Lane Glenburn, ME04401 (207) 299-2533
1998 to Present
Eastern Maine Community College, Bangor, ME
Computer Aided Drafting & Design
Civil Engineering Technology
Computer Aided Drafting & Design Instructor
· Re-developed CADD program and Re-designed 6 classes
· Department Chair Civil Engineering Technology 2009-2011, 2015 to Present
· Developed & Implemented the new Digital Graphic Design Program, Department Chair Graphics 2008-2014
· Instrumental in receiving Grant money for new 20 seat computer lab, 3D printers, 3D Scanner and High-end Professional Plotter
· Chosen to teach class at Autodesk University, Las Vegas NV, 2006
· Department Chair CADD – Spring 2003 to Present
· Assisted Department chair in development of Associate Degree Program.
· Redesigned new EMTC web site.
· Teach classes in all aspects of drafting from CADD to blueprint reading for welders.
· Developed classes in 3D, and advanced 3D.
· Set up and ran classes for business and industry
· Serve on committees
· Educate self on ever changing software and hardware
· Assist students in job placement.
o AutoCAD, Revit, 3dsMAX, Inventor, Solidworks, Chief Architect, Sketchup, Photoshop, Lumion, Microsoft Office Suite, Lightroom
1996 to 1998
LANE SUPPLY COMPANY, Brewer, ME
Information Systems Specialist
Primary Duties included: Computer Systems Support, Network backups and
Support, Training, Computer Equipment Purchases and distribution, Computer Systems Upgrades and repairs, e-mail support and management, Report Writing, Quote System Support, Help Standards Documentation, and Telephone System Support, Drafting.
1989 to Present
· Carpenter Associates
· WBRC A/E
· Individual tutoring/consulting
1988 to 1998
EASTERN MAINE TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Bangor, ME
Instructor of Adult Education:
· Set-up, and taught classes in intermediate and advanced AutoCAD.
· Taught introduction to AutoCAD classes.
· Instructor of Blueprint reading
· Instructor of Plumbing blueprint reading
1994 to 1996
STANDARD ELECTRIC CO., Bangor, ME
Responsible for system administration of a WAN, consisting of 8 locations statewide.
Researched and implemented migration from a Data General MV15000 to an IBM
RS6000, including completely new software and Hardware Company wide.
Completed rewiring of all eight locations, consisting of Cat5 cable, RJ45, and RS232 connections
Other responsibilities include: Maintenance/upkeep of over 100 PC’s, Routine backups, Training, Installation of new software and hardware, PC upgrades and rebuilds,
1987 to 1994
CIVIL ENGINEERING SERVICES, Brewer, ME
Drafting Manager & Computer Technician:
Supervised department of 4 draftspersons on CAD and board. Responsible for meeting deadlines and staying within budgets.
Developed drafting standards and managed quality control.
Responsible for over 30 PC’s, upkeep; upgrades; maintenance
Designed, set up, and maintained LAN for 12 user system.
Researched new electrostatic plotter system for company, and was responsible for upkeep and repairs.
Other responsibilities included, GIS, Presentation graphics, 3D rendering, Multimedia presentations, architectural; civil; mechanical; and structural drafting on CAD and board.
2017 Sketch-up Training Lynda.com
2016 OLC Accelerate, Orlando, FL
5 days of numerous classes
2016 CADDEDGE, Manchester, MA
Solidworks Adv. Part Modeling and Assemblies 4-day class
2015 CADDEDGE, Manchester, MA
Solidworks Essential Training, 5-day class
2013 JLC Live, Providence, RI
2013 EMCC, Bangor, ME
Weeke Vantech Operation CNC 3day training
2013 Maine Media Workshops, Rockport, ME
Creativity and Invention in Photoshop 5-day workshop
2012 Maine Media Workshops, Rockport, ME
Introductory Digital Photography 5-day workshop
2010-Present Lynda.com member
Completed over 40 classes
2010 Autodesk University, Las Vegas NV
5 days of numerous classes, AutoCAD Certification
2008 Bath Regional Vocational Center, Bath, ME
Rhino 3-day Workshop
2007 Ecobuild, Washington DC
4 days of numerous classes
2006 Autodesk University, Las Vegas NV
5 days of numerous classes, Taught 1 class
2005 Autodesk University, Orlando FL
5 days of numerous classes
2004 iDesign Institute, Boston MA
AutoCAD 2005 Instruction for Instructors 1-day
2003 University of Southern Maine, Gorham, Maine
Applied Technical Education, Bachelor’s degree
1997: Productivity Point, South Portland, Maine
NT Administrators Training
1996: Telrad Training School, Woodbury New York
Certificate in Telrad Phone Systems.
1987: Northern Maine Vocational Technical Institute, Presque Isle, Maine.
Associate Degree in Drafting Technology.
1985: Schenck High School, East Millinocket, Maine.
Diploma in College Preparatory Program.